Welcome to Year 4!
Where does our food come from? - Geography
This term we will:
- Identify that different foods grow in different biomes and say why.
- Explain which food has the most significant negative impact on the environment.
- Consider a change people can make to reduce the negative impact of food production.
- Describe the intentions around trading responsibly.
- Explain that food imports can be both helpful and harmful.
- Describe the journey of a cocoa bean.
- Locate countries on a blank world map using an atlas.
- Use a scale bar correctly to measure approximate distances.
- Collect data through an interview process.
- Analyse interview responses to answer an enquiry question.
- Discuss any trends in data collected.
Science - Animals including humans
This unit ‘Animals including humans’ takes children through six lessons where they learn how to: describe the simple functions of the basic parts of the digestive system in humans; identify the different types of teeth in humans and their simple functions; and finally, construct and interpret a variety of food chains, identifying producers, predators and prey.